Animal Adoption Counselor
Animal Care Centers of NYC
326 East 110th Street , New York , NY - 10029
Promote public adoption of animals at all ACC adoption locations or events. Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to potential customers through adoption counseling, answering questions, and assisting with animal interactions and paperwork. Provide with enthusiasm and based on knowledge of ACC’s policies and adoption process.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively reach out to and interact with prospective adopters to find out what they are looking for in a pet.
- Escort clients to view animals available for adoption.
- Physically handle and show animals available for adoption.
- Educate prospective adopters on the responsibilities of pet ownership.
- Interact with and get to know available animals in order to provide information and make the best possible matches.
- Review adoption applications, interview prospective adopters, and make decisions on adoptions. Convey necessary information to ensure a successful and permanent placement.
- Process adoption paperwork including collection of adoption fee.
- Photograph adoptions and keep record of positive adoption stories.
- Identify the needs of each animal and convey their care requirement to adopters; i.e., long-haired dogs require frequent grooming, etc.
- Perform reference checks as needed.
- Understand, adhere to and enforce ACC policies and the adoption process.
- Provide educational information and referrals.
- Perform pending adoption and after care follow-up calls.
- Understand NYCHA rules, regulations, and requirements.
- Review, understand and document all pertinent information in the Chameleon database.
- Work with Adoption Outreach Liaison to identify appropriate animals for offsite events.
- Attend and prepare for offsite adoption events and act as liaison for offsite locations at events as needed.
- Work as a team player within the organization, including with fellow internal placement staff members, ACC volunteers and partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum one year customer service experience preferably with an animal welfare organization.
- Minimum one year experience within an animal shelter.
- Basic knowledge of breeds and their associations with specific behaviors.
- Ability to remain calm and pleasant even in stressful situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer competency, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel; capable of learning shelter system database.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid NYS Driver's License.
Ability to work in an animal care facility where euthanasia is performed. Ability to remain calm and assertive in stressful situations. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently exposed to odors or airborne particles including animal fur and toxic chemicals. The noise level in the environment can be very loud. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
REPORTS TO: Adoption Supervisor
OVERTIME: This position is not exempt from overtime.
Animal Care Centers of New York City is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, or sexual orientation. Accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals requiring them. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO