Whelping Kennel Technician
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 7:00am - 3:30pm and
Wednesdays 11:00am - 7:30pm
In the event of a whelp or critical care issue on Wednesday, will be required to spend the night caring for the brood and newborn pups.
1. Provide a high level of animal husbandry care to all dogs and puppies including but not limited to bathing, feeding, check overs, nail clipping, ear cleaning, and medicating according to established policies and procedures.
2. Monitor birthing process to ensure health and safety of the pups and adults. Perform whelping procedures, assisting brood whenever necessary. Handle all post whelp clean-up, care and treatments.
3. Time management of workload through the use of computer task list.
4. Maintain accurate records utilizing point of entry system.
5. Perform assigned medical treatments, vaccines, preventatives, sub-q fluids, tube feeding, ICU use and care, according to standard procedures.
6. Clean and maintain equipment, kennel facilities and assigned grounds.
7. Effectively work with pups in early obedience and socialization.
8. Work with volunteers and general public who are interacting with the Whelping Kennel providing support, guidance and recognition.
Must be detail oriented, have good judgement
and be able to multitask.
Please email a letter of introduction and resume to Jennifer White, Whelping Kennel Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting Salary: $15.00 per hour