Placement Supervisor (Brooklyn and Manhattan Animal Care Centers)
Animal Care Centers of NYC
11 Park Place, Suite 805 , New York , NY - 10007
ACC strives to have strong partnerships with all rescue groups, while working with the people of New York and the surrounding areas to promote animal welfare and the human animal bond. Adoptions and placements with rescue/adoption partners are key to the mission of ACC. The Placement Supervisor will provide outstanding customer service, which is essential to the success and growth of these programs. The Placement Supervisor will oversee staff in both the Adoption and New Hope programs at one of our care centers.
- Oversee daily function of all onsite staff of the Adoption and New Hope program, as well as participate in short and long term strategic planning, as needed.
- Train new and current staff on their daily job functions, animal handling, customer service, as well as providing continual training opportunities to help staff advance and grow their skills.
- Participate in staff hiring, evaluations and disciplinary action in cooperation with Senior Management.
- Establish, monitor, and measure staff performance goals.
- Maintain and supervisor all responses to departmental email accounts.
- Oversee and provide support for volunteers that collaborate with the adoption department both in adoption counseling and adoption follow ups.
- Develop, implement and monitor staff schedules and daily attendance records.
- Monitor supply inventory and place orders.
- Complete monthly program reports to measure success and identify areas for improvement.
- Review timecard system and Complete bi-weekly payroll.
- Read, review and process new partner applications.
- Monitor and audit partner placements and spay/neuter status, as needed.
- Provide quality assurance monitoring for microchip and dog licensing.
- Handling of money, issue refunds and oversee daily cash out counts, as needed.
- Assist clients including both members of the public and New Hope partners. This can be in-person or via phone or email.
- Deescalate and manage challenging client communications, finding amicable solutions whenever possible.
- Be a leader in providing exemplary customer service to clients from a variety of socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Assist and provide coverage with staff duties as needed.
Ability to excel in a fast-paced, often high stress environment; ability to work in a facility where euthanasia is performed; comfortable working with and handling animals of various sizes, temperaments and species; ability to travel throughout the five boroughs regularly and nationally for training opportunities.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be forward thinking and anticipate challenges, resolving conflicts amicably whenever possible;
- Must be adaptable and receptive to rapidly evolving protocols and able to rally others with an air of excitement and opportunity;
- Treats animals and people with respect;
- An expert communicator; is a people person and a team player; is organized, detail oriented; presents a friendly and outgoing demeanor and encourages others to do same;
- a college diploma or some college preferred
- Possess a minimum one year of experience in a client interfacing position;
- Possess a minimum of one year of experience with supervising staff;
- Bi-lingual a plus; prior experience in animal welfare is preferred, but not necessary.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Placement
OVERTIME: This position is not eligible for overtime.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Animal Care Centers of New York City is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate because of race, color, creed, gender, religion, national origin, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, or sexual orientation. Accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals requiring them. EOE/M/F/D/V/SO